internet-linked CCTV

3 posts
mothercake
Options:
Share this post on:

internet-linked CCTV

Postby mothercake » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:59 pm

We are currently considering putting our 1 year old into nursery!
One of the nursery we are looking into has a CCTV system that lets parents log in from home or office while the little one is in nursery. Just a bit concerned that when parents log in they are not only seeing their child but all the children. Is it not an infringement of the other children’s privacy – parents, or are there any laws being broken in terms of data protection. You don’t really want everybody knowing the nursery your child goes to. I not a famous person or anything. I know as a parent who sends their child to such nursery you would have concentred to the CCTV. But what if the parent watching is recording what’s going to use at a later date or might even be a paedophile and unloading it to not so good sights. In a school you cant log in a watch children in a classroom because of data protection what is different here?
falconmum
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: internet-linked CCTV

Postby falconmum » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:33 am

That is a very interesting question. I did not know of any nurseries who provided this service.
As a mum , I would love to be able to see what my son is upto but also as a mum, I dont think I want other people to be able to have a look see.
Is there a specific area of access ? Is it everywhere?

I dont think I would be very comfortable with this situation overall!
elizad
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: internet-linked CCTV

Postby elizad » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:58 pm

I would also be concerned about the possibility of something happening like with the baby monitors...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-23693460

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.