Last Updated on : 17th March 2016


The 51 children in Year 6 at Hornsby House School have achieved an impressive set of results in their secondary school entrance exams, winning a total of 40 scholarships and awards between them.

80% of the children will progress to one of six London day schools: Alleyn’s, Whitgift, Dulwich College, Streatham and Clapham High School, James Allen’s Girls School and Emanuel.  The other 20% are moving on to a range of other London day schools and boarding schools, including both independent and state options.

The 26 academic scholarships offered reflect the high academic standards at Hornsby House and is especially impressive since entry at Reception is unassessed.  The success rate for the most selective schools has been high, with a record-breaking 13 out of 15 applicants to JAGS receiving an offer.  Also notable was that all applicants to Whitgift, Streatham & Clapham High School and Sydenham High School received offers.  Sport is an area of strength at Hornsby House and this is highlighted by the 10 sport awards offered.

Edward Rees, Headmaster, said, “I congratulate the Year 6 children on the excellent results they have achieved.  They have worked very hard and deserve their success.  The number of awards and the offers achieved at the most selective schools are impressive and reflect the high quality of the teaching at Hornsby House.”

Year 6 at Hornsby House School 2016

Full details of the 2016 secondary school entrance results are available on our website:


For more information or to arrange a visit, please contact:

Mrs Alex Salandin at Hornsby House School

Hearnville Road, SW12 8RS

020 8673 7573 or school@hornsbyhouse.org.uk  


You Might Also Like

L’Ecole du Parc bilingual nursery schools celebrate two OFSTED successes!

Staff and families at L’Ecole du Parc, the french nursery school in London for 2 to 5 year old's, are celebrating after being awarded not just ... Read Feature

The Falcons School for Girls Launches Scholarship Programme

The Falcons School for Girls is offering unrivalled opportunities for academic scholarships, for children commencing Year 3 in September 2018. The Putney-based school has launched the initiative ... Read Feature

Falcons Preparatory School for Boys Host Master Class with Top Rugby Club

Falcons Preparatory School for Boys recently teamed up with English Premiership Rugby Club, Harlequins to offer a sporting Masterclass to local pupils. The Richmond-based school ... Read Feature

Join the Discussion

Latest From Instagram