Baby wipe collection-Over £30,000 raised so far!

3 posts
katdewatt
Share this post on:

Baby wipe collection-Over £30,000 raised so far!

Postby katdewatt » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:45 pm

I just wanted to give a big shout out to say THANK YOU to all those who have been helping us collect the empty baby wipe packets. My sister and I have so far collected (with your help of course) nearly 8,000 empty baby wipes. Ellie's Fund have said they have now raised over £30,000 in total in the 2 years since they first started collected the empty packets.

The recycling centre have now said they now want the packets sent in packages weighing over 10kg, which is approximately 1200 empty baby wipes. So please continue to collect and spread the word. Our collection point is still at Dandelion health food shop on Northcote Road. As well as various points in Furzedown SW17.

If anyone has a questions or would like further information, I will be happy to answer your questions.

Also if there are any businesses or nurseries/schools that would consider being a drop off point that would also be amazing. Just PM for details.

Your help is really appreciated, thank you x
pie81
Share this post on:

Re: Baby wipe collection-Over £30,000 raised so far!

Postby pie81 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:14 pm

Wow, I hadn't heard about this, what an amazing initiative and great amounts raised.

I will be taking all our empty baby wipe packets to Dandelion and will spread the word too.

From the Ellie's fund website I can see there is also a collection of empty food pouches (Ella's etc), do you know if Dandelion also collects these?
katdewatt
Share this post on:

Re: Baby wipe collection-Over £30,000 raised so far!

Postby katdewatt » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:04 pm

That would be amazing if you can collect the wipes and spread the word, thank you.

Ellie's Fund does collect many other items like you mentioned, however I am just collecting the baby wipes. Dandelion have been very kind allowing me to use them as a collection point, if someone else is interested in collecting the food pouches or biscuit wrappers etc they are very welcome to set that up, I'm sure Ellie's fund would be very grateful.

Thank you again for your message and your baby wipe contribution, very much appreciated. :)

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.