Share this post on:

50 grand a year for a tutor

Postby hayfeversufferer » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:09 pm

motherbear
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: 50 grand a year for a tutor

Postby motherbear » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:31 am

The system is very much at fault. But...I am a tutor and work very hard to do the best for the children I tutor. Be very wary of hiring a tutor who 'guarantees' results or success.....this is not possible to do given the test situation and the individual and personal nature of tutoring!

The going rate around here is probably around £35 privately but more through an agency. There is a good agency locally, Harrison Allen. Avoid the guaranteed results ones...

If anyone wants to pay me £50 grand a year to tutor, do message me!!!
Mir
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Mir » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:02 am

Hi, I am currently looking for a tutor to help my 15 yr old son with GCSE biology physics chemistry and possibly maths.
Can anyone help?
MGMidget
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby MGMidget » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:45 am

There are always going to be some very wealthy people willing to pay anything. However, the jobs in the article sounded like they could be full-time governess type positions. Given how much nannies earn and that governesses earn more these pay rates don't surprise me! I don't think we all need to get worried that somehow our children will be disadvantaged. It's a small minority of people! Also these families may not have much time to spend with their children whereas many people are putting in lots of effort with their children when they have the time.
motherbear
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby motherbear » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:50 am

definitely nothing to worry about that people are paying a lot for tutors.....it cannot disadvantage your children!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.