Help please - baby sleep consultant

18 posts
NewAussieMum
Options:
Share this post on:

Help please - baby sleep consultant

Postby NewAussieMum » Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:15 pm

Merry Xmas! Although,it isn't so merry for me as my 8.5 month old daughter still cannot sleep well at night, still waking every 2 hours or so.

I am at the end of my tether and hoping someone can please recommend a sleep consultant that they have used with good results. I am very anti "controlled crying" so am interested in other methods. Any help would be much appreciated - my sanity is at stake!
lemonzest
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Help please - baby sleep consultant

Postby lemonzest » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:58 am

I feel for you, I really do. I can't snatch much time this morning as the inlaws have just arrived(!) but didn't want you to go unanswered. I was having similar issues with my second and at 6 months got in touch with Hannah Love in sheer desperation! It has cost a bit of money, which we weren't willing to spend lightly, but I can't even express how thankful I am for investing the money and the effort. I also feel very lucky, as Hannah's was just one of loads of names mentioned on a similar thread (and happened to be the only one I could remember in my hour of need!!) I

I also couldn't bear controlled crying/cry it out - she used a gradual retreat method with us. She is very experienced, kind, and firm, and will walk with you through the changes you need to make and provide tips on challenges to come (eg teething/sickness/travel etc). Happy to give you more info, although probably can't today. Do send me an e-mail. Good luck!
Louichoo1
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Louichoo1 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:28 pm

We also used Hannah Love from the yummy baby group. She was amazing, we used her at 14 weeks and our DD is now 4 years old and she now asks to go to bed every night at 7pm!! In my opinion the best money I have EVER spent.

When I rang Hannah I spent the first 5 mins crying at her, and she was really lovely!!

Good luck xx
Nev123
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Nev123 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:52 pm

We used Katie Palmer http://www.infantsleepconsultant.co.uk/about-us/ who I would really recommend. I was also at my wits end but she gave lots of good advice leading up to doing an overnight stay with us. My little one was six months then and has slept really well ever since. Good luck with whoever you go with. Sleep deprivation is tough. If we have another child I will be getting help sooner!
LP73
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby LP73 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:54 pm

I can highly recommend the wonderful Sandra from Northcote Baby Massage and runs sleep workshops too. sandra@northcotebabymassage.co.uk
Sandra is a mum of two little ones so really understands sleeping issues and she lives just off Northcote Road too.
Good Luck

Claphmamma
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Claphmamma » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:19 am

We used Vanessa from Lulla baby and would recommend her. My son 2 when we agreed a plan together
Seraphina
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Seraphina » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:26 pm

Hi
Really sending my sympathy, we were at the end of our tether and used Sian Thomas from www.sleepbabies.co.uk saved us really as she did a home visit and explained everything to us. She was so kind and helped me stick to the plan and after 3 weeks, full nights sleep. Not cheap about 250 but would have paid double! Really good luck x
sophieb
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby sophieb » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:54 pm

Hi, I really feel for you - we have a 2 year old that still won't sleep through the night. We've tried everything (including, against my instincts, crying methods, which really didn't work for us) and about 6 months ago we were going to drop a load of money on a sleep consultant. I decided to speak to my GP / health visitors before committing, and can highly recommend this if you want to give one more thing a try first.

Like the sleep consultants, the health visitors did a home visit with me and drew up a plan to try and get our son sleeping through. I have also found them extremely patient and understanding.

Our sleep issues are rooted in our son's SPD (sensory processing disorder) and need for certain comforts so they are going to take some time to resolve (and our health visitors are still helping us through this), but looking back, I'm glad I went down this route rather than spending lots of money - so might be worth a try for you? Even if you just call them and ask if they can help?

One more thing - you have probably read it already, but the No Cry Sleep Solution is also a great read and has lots of really useful tips and things to try other than letting your little one cry it out.

Best of luck whatever route you decide to try. x
dachshundvalley
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby dachshundvalley » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:11 pm

Hi Aussiemum, have you tried any of these suggestions yet? I'm in the same boat, have a 7month old who I have been feeding twice in the night but then just before Xmas her sleeping has been awful, waking all night and I got three hours of broken sleep on Xmas Eve. I have found someone called Lisa Clegg who has written the Blissful Baby Expert book and has fb and twitter accounts and she gives free advice if you email her. She has been amazing. They say by night three they sleep through. I'm going to start her method tonight properly, I did it for half the night last night as I got her email at midnight and just put her down for her lunch time nap and she went straight to sleep without a peep. So I'm very hopeful. And it's free. In my eyes Lisa is a saint, I'm so thankful as for us money is tight but we were willing to spend a few hundred just to get advice but she has helped us just out the goodness of her heart. I highly recommend her.

Ktbells
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Ktbells » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:40 pm

I can also recommend Katie Palmer at http://www.infantsleepconsultant.co.uk/about-us/

My 8 month old was waking up several times a night and I was seriously struggling, I was like a Zombie. Katie came over and did the night time routine and put my baby to bed, she held my hand and talked me through everything. We had one badish night and since then baby goes to sleep at 6.30/7 and sleeps through till 7 without a peep. It has honestly changed our life's, I could not recommend her enough. She left me with very helpful notes so if I ever need a bit of help or a confidence boost then I have them to re read.

Good luck!!
MummyWalker
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby MummyWalker » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:59 pm

Another recommendation for Katie Palmer - we've used her twice, once when my daughter was coming up for a year old and again about a year later when we'd got into some bad habits we needed help fixing. Both times we just had a phone consultation rather than a home visit which meant it was (relatively) cheap. I was very anti controlled crying type methods and Katie was happy to work out a plan for us which respected that - it was a plan we were comfortable with, could work with and was very successful surprisingly quickly!
Jane Rankin
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Jane Rankin » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:14 pm

Hello. I really hope you've had help already but if not do try Night Nannies - http://www.nightnannies.com/ . my younger daughter didn't sleep until I had a night nanny for six nights and she then slept for twelve hours a night. Good luck.
RORO84
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby RORO84 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:54 am

our 10 month old son was waking up at night and we consulted a lovely lady named Ann who was recommended to us by a friend. She helped us sort it out within a few days after reviewing a 4 day sleep and nap diary and giving us several suggestions via a Skype consultation.

Here is her info below:
Ann Caird BA;
Maternity and Child Sleep Consultant (IMI and Naturally Nurturing certified)
Mentor and Instructor for IMI Sleep Consultants;
Happiest Baby Parent Educator;
Postnatal Doula.
UK Rep IACSC;

Mobile: 07546079284
Sleep Support: 01797 344530
ann@nurturingsleep.co.uk
http://www.nurturingsleep.co.uk Skype: ann.caird1

susies
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby susies » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:58 am

I can only sympathise with you as I know how tiring and frustrating it is. I am sure that you have contacted one of the many fabulous recommendations that have been posted but if it helps, I used an amazing sleep consultant called Heidi from The Parent and Baby Coach. I was at my wits ends when my DD did not sleep a wink and I felt like I was losing my mind.

Within a week of getting Heidi in, she had set my baby into a sleeping routine, and helped me regain my sanity again, she was truly amazing and I would have no hesitation in recommending her.

A few of the NCT mums that I have met have used her and have all have similar success.

Whomever you try, please know that you are not alone and that there is help out there for you.

Heidi can be reached on:

www.theparentandbabycoach.com
07825 914096

Good luck
NewAussieMum
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby NewAussieMum » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:33 pm

Thanks so much everyone for your kind advice. I finally bit the bullet and called Katie Palmer today on the back of your recommendations. I hope this is the start of something good. 2015 is going to have more sleep, I'm determined! Thanks again for your support and inspiration.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.