Children are busy, busy little people! Physical activity does so much more than provide children with an outlet for burning their endless supply of energy. ... Read Feature
You don’t need to be a Hollywood A-lister like “our Gwynnie” to be aware of the benefits of juicing. Tasty fresh ingredients delivered quickly and without fuss can help anyone cope with life’s trials and tribulations, even if you’re walking around the Mulberry Bush for the umpteenth time, as opposed to up the Red Carpet.
So we asked our friends at Lords of Notting Hill (and now Northcote Road!) to guide us through the juicer maze…
Magimix Le Duo Plus Juicer
How they work
A spinning basket shreds the fruits and vegetables using a sharp disc, pushing the juice through a fine strainer by centrifugal force
If you’re new to juicing, don’t have that much time and need a quick juicer or looking for something in budget, this is the juicer for you.
• Easy to use
• Juices quickly
• Depending on brand/model, juice may get foamy and thus oxidize more rapidly
• Some leafy greens can be a little harder to juice
• Cannot juice wheatgrass, sprouts, or nuts
Bio Chef Slow Juicer
This juicer is ideal if you are looking for a moderate-high budget for a juicer and for people that will be juicing frequently.
Masticating juicers “chew,” or masticate, your produce by grinding (like teeth) and then squeezing the juice out.
• High juice yield and less pulp
• Generates less foam so juices oxidize slower
• Can juice most fruits and vegetables including wheatgrass, cranberries and even nuts
• Versatile; depending on model and brand, some can be used to make baby foods, pates, sauces, nut butters, banana ice creams and fruit sorbets
• Usually have many more parts to clean than a Centrifugal Juicer
• Longer prep time – shoots tend to be smaller requiring cutting fruit and vegetables into smaller pieces.
• More costly than Centrifugal Juicers
Have a look at the Bio Chef masticating juicers.
Kuvings Twin Gear Juicer
If you are a heavy juice drinker and you are looking for a top-of-the-line juicer, Twin-Gear juicers are the option for you.
Two interlocking gears press together to extract juice from the produce.
• Low oxidation of the juice to preserve optimum nutritional value
• Efficient at juicing greens
• Can be used for other functions besides juice, depending on brand and model
• More parts to clean and a little trickier to put back together after cleaning
• Requires some strength to juice firmer produce
Have a look at the Bio Chef twin-gear juicers.
Let us know your thoughts about all the juicers and which ones you would recommend.
Visit us at: 81-83 Northcote Road London, SW11 6PJ
Most of us know how to eat. Thanks in part to Jamie Oliver and countless government campaigns, we all know what should be gracing our ... Read Feature
Friday. Waking up with the alarm, making sure everybody is dressed in the right kit, bags are packed, breakfast is served, school run is done, ... Read Feature