Review: Jefferson’s ice cream, Balham - opening soon!

1 post
Community Editor
Options:
Share this post on:

Review: Jefferson’s ice cream, Balham - opening soon!

Postby Community Editor » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:23 am

jeffersons_-0104 Superberry Snickerdoodle.jpg
Review: Jefferson’s ice cream, Balham

I thought I’d died and gone to ice cream heaven as I sat, or rather slumped in a contented stupor at Celine’s kitchen table as she brought out cup after miniature cup of delicious, homemade ice creams. Now, I’d only just met Celine, but I was in such a happy place, I might just have curled up on her sofa for a mid-morning ice cream nap had I not had a score sheet in front of me and the very serious job of writing a NappyValleyNet review! (No surprises then that she got top marks!)

And the review, well here it is. Myself and my NVN colleague, Joanne showed up at Celine’s beautiful home as she told us about the new ice cream café, she co-founded with her husband, Jefferson’s on Balham High Street, (currently being refurbished). Unlike traditional ice cream parlours - think small seating area, eat and go type format - this will be a place to hang out in. It will be open from morning until night. So, whether you are looking for somewhere with a garden to meet your NCT pals in, or a quiet corner to work in, or if you just want to meet a friend in the evening but don’t fancy going to a pub or a swanky wine bar, you can rock up to Jefferson’s for coffee and ice cream.

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190115115920871_COVER.jpg
And not any ice cream. Ice cream lovingly made by Celine herself, an ice cream chef – yes that must be in the top ten of all job titles! She started making ice cream at home about five years ago and hasn’t stopped. All of Celine’s ice creams are completely natural, there is no powder and it isn’t one big puff of air masquerading as the real deal. It’s genuine, it’s authentic and it’s got real cream in it. This lady does not cut corners. Trust me, just ask her how she makes her vanilla honeycomb ice cream. Go on she’ll tell you. She’ll even show you as her ice cream kitchen will be completely visible to all guests. 

Having given up a successful career in property, she trained with the godfather of ice cream, Malcolm Stogo in New York and spent years perfecting her recipes for friends and family whatever their digestive needs were. Because of that her menu pretty much caters for a wide variety of intolerances and allergies because let’s face it, everyone deserves good ice cream!

If you are a fan of the traditional, you can’t go wrong with Jefferson’s finest vanilla, best chocolate ever or strawberry compote, but if you want to be more adventurous, try the Superberry Snickerdoodle, Matcha with Dunked Biscuits or the Bourbon Vanilla and more. All of Celine’s ingredients are sourced locally where possible and her menu is seasonal. And every month, Celine will surprise her guests with a weird and wacky special. Fancy Guinness ice cream for St Patrick’s Day anyone?

Jefferson’s ice cream is special. It’s smooth, rich, subtle, tasty, decadent and luxurious. It’s unpretentious gourmet and its opening its doors in early March.

Jefferson’s will open in early March at 191b Balham High Road. 
https://www.jeffersonsicecream.com

Photos: Superberry Snickerdoodle (top). Celine in her kitchen where the ice cream magic is made and ice cream and waffles.
Attachments
jeffersons_-0043-4 waffles.jpg

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.