Woman attacked on Harbut road SW18

3 posts
London Art Nanny
Options:
Share this post on:

Woman attacked on Harbut road SW18

Postby London Art Nanny » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:50 am

A woman just got attacked on Harbut road SW18. Around 10AM.

Two men strangled her and tried to rob her. She is ok and no one got hurt. But the men are still out there so pls be aware and be careful...

Police are on the case.
janee
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Woman attacked on Harbut road SW18

Postby janee » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:11 am

We no longer see police on the beat.  Are there any community support officers any longer?  On my side of the railway, very near Harbut Road, we haven't seen anyone for months.  The last time was when some police jumped out of a car to chase someone.  Is the reported rise in crime in this area a result of lack of visibility of police?  The only time I see them is a) if they are using the turning bay to turn a car round b) if I go to the safer neighbourhood meetings (badly advertised) or c) when I go on the main road and see a car with siren going at speed.

I know the police are complaining about cuts, but perhaps they should remember that one way of preventing crime is by being in touch with the community and reconsider their priorities.
Community Editor
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Woman attacked on Harbut road SW18

Postby Community Editor » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:58 pm

A piece has just appeared in the Wandsworth Guardian: https://www.wandsworthguardian.co.uk/ne ... t-robbery/

The criminals were disturbed by passers by who gave chase but couldn't catch them.

One of the suspects grabbed the woman from behind whilst the other tried to take her wedding ring.

The police are on the case.