Moving to London

4 posts
quita
Options:
Share this post on:

Moving to London

Postby quita » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:07 pm

Hi

we are moving to London as our son will be attending the Thames Christian College at Year 7 entry.

Regarding places to stay.  Is Battersea and Clapham junction good family areas to live?

thanks!

szerma
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Moving to London

Postby szerma » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:24 pm

Well, given that most of us on this forum live in the area - we of course think yes! The whole area is dubbed "nappy valley" precisely because so many people with children (all ages) live here. 

There are many "sub-areas" in the wide area, it all depends on your budget. "Between the commons" (abbreviated as BTC) is the area between Wandsworth and Clapham Common which would be very close to Thames Christian College, is just off Northcote road, and is in close proximity to Clapham Junction if you commute into London (if you happen to be more on the northern side of it, then Clapham Common or Clapham North stations might also be an option). Slightly cheaper properties will be around Lavender Hill. It might boil down to what accommodation is available at the time you are looking to move.

My children are very young so can't give you advice on things to do with older children, but I am sure other people on the forum can.
quita
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby quita » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:40 pm

Thank you so much for your reply.  It was very useful. Our budget is 1,750 for the rent of the property (excluding operational bills). We just want a safe area that we can walk to the Thames Christian school if we wanted to.

This was helpful and thanks!

Quita
Goodw1n
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Goodw1n » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:25 am

Soon, we will also move to Battersea and my husband is really afraid he won't make it financially. He thinks it is too expensive to pay for the rent only 2,500, though I want my kid to live in a safe and clean arrea. I am just curious how your moving out went? Does your kid love the new area? I know it's strange to speak about moving from one area to another in London, though we can't live anymore in Dagenham. All Romanians and Polish people think that it is their town now and don’t obey the rules and laws. So, we decided to relocate. We already arranged everything with man and van london. Oh, God I can’t wait to wake up in on of the best area of London.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.