Brexit - but this is definitely worth watching.

2 posts
JayneS
Options:
Share this post on:

Brexit - but this is definitely worth watching.

Postby JayneS » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:09 am

Definitely worth having a look at this. I know everyone is totally sick of Brexit but finally someone has come out with what should have been said very many months ago.  It's brilliant
Speech on Brexit in Bundestag, Alive Weidel.
https://youtu.be/63IcW4eo4uM
atbattersea
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Brexit - but this is definitely worth watching.

Postby atbattersea » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:51 am

The first problem is that this speech is by the leader of AfD, the right-wing German nationalist party. What are they going to say, that the EU is a good thing!? Seems unlikely, and that runs right through her speech.

The second thing is this idea that we can have a single market without regulation (and without the CJEU). Frankly it is nonsense. During the referendum campaign we heard all about the bonfire of regulations that would come about if the UK voted to Leave - I have yet to hear of a single EU law provision that anyone is campaigning to revoke (I asked at the time, but no one had any suggestions).

This goes alongside all the lies about getting all those trade deals sorted out - we now know that those are lies, because Japan, at the very least, will not let the UK have the same deal it has with the EU.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.