Nest camera - or "cheap" other protective measures

4 posts
sotrellette
Options:
Share this post on:

Nest camera - or "cheap" other protective measures

Postby sotrellette » Thu May 09, 2019 12:24 pm

We had a burglary attempt yesterday and made me realize that it can really reach us, and want to bump up our security at home.

We have a terraced house, and considering having some sort of camera - do some of you have nest cameras? If so, are you happy? Are they easy enough to install?
Hstead
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Nest camera - or "cheap" other protective measures

Postby Hstead » Mon May 13, 2019 7:23 am

We have nest and they are great but you need to have good internet provider. We thought we did (Sky)but our camera seems to go offline a few times a day and night. Fine unless it is at the “key” moment! I would recommend as ours caught a van which smashed into our car and one other (wrote it off) and drove away!
NickHusky
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby NickHusky » Mon May 25, 2020 3:58 pm

I think security cameras, should be in everyone's home since we should be prepared for any danger that might come up to. However, the security industry is going deeper since there is a thing that's called Deep Sentinel home security system. It is a 100% wire-free next-generation protection system. Actually, It consists of battery-powered wide-angle water-resistant cameras and the smart hub. It's quite interesting that the cameras are equipped with 2-way audio and night vision function, so it's easy to notice if anyone wants to break in your home. Actually, I noticed such an interesting system from the https://femadata.com/deep-sentinel-review/ tip that helped me to choose the best system that there's at the present time.
Last edited by NickHusky on Thu May 28, 2020 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
boonkoh
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby boonkoh » Mon May 25, 2020 11:28 pm

Security cameras are one way.
There are also window and door contact sensors, that will trigger alarms and alerts when those are opened.

If getting a WiFi "smart" device, make sure you have at least 3 out of 4 bars of WiFi at that location. Or increase your WiFi at home with mesh WiFi network.

Cameras can be quite cheap anything from £30 for a TP Link Kasa cam that works adequately, to £200+ for Nest, Arlo, etc.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.