Best all round multivitamin for women?

6 posts
abcdefg
Options:
Share this post on:

Best all round multivitamin for women?

Postby abcdefg » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:27 pm

Dear all

I am considering trying Lumity as a multivitamin for hair, nails, skin, anti-ageing etc (I am in my early 40's) and wondered if anyone had tried it and might be able to recommend?  It isn't cheap!

Alternatively, might anyone be able to recommend another product?  

Thank you in advance.  There are so many products it's hard to know where to look.
x
dudette
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Best all round multivitamin for women?

Postby dudette » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:14 am

At the very least you should be taking vitamin D. There is a lot of research that suggests we don’t get enough through sunlight especially in winter. Why don’t you go to somewhere like Planet Organic or Wholefoods and talk to one of their advisers about what in particular you’re trying to improve. B12 and iron might also be necessary if you don’t eat much meat.
Needcoffeenow
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Needcoffeenow » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:08 am

If you have specific symptoms you should go to your GP for a blood test. Long term conditions such as Vit D deficiency or Pernicious Anaemia need prompt treatment. But agree with previous poster that multivits bit of a racket. Your body can’t store many of them so ‘superdoses’ may do more harm than good.
martinnathalie
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby martinnathalie » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:07 pm

I’m in my early 30s, and I haven’t taken a full multivitamin in years as I often find for the benefits I perceive, there always seem to be side effects (different products have left me finding it hard to sleep, feeling dizzy or just a bit sick).

Over time, I’ve stuck to things that make me feel best, so I just take Starflower Oil (https://www.simplysupplements.co.uk/hea ... ens-health), which is great for moods, PMT as well as keeping my skin healthy and balanced. 

I also drink organic green tea (https://teatuliabar.com/collections/green-tea) every day for the antioxidants. The one I get is certified organic and fair trade and well worth a try if you're into teas.

My friend who’s just turned 40 recently had a B12 vitamin shot and has been raving about how good she’s felt ever since.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.