Child psychologist for early teen

4 posts
tvmum
Options:
Share this post on:

Child psychologist for early teen

Postby tvmum » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:05 pm

I’m looking for recommendations for a child psychologist who works with early teens. My dd is just 13 and for the last couple of months has been very weepy and telling us she’s overcome with feelings of sadness. She doesn’t know why. I think she’s struggled with friendships since nursery and under the bubbly lovely front there’s an unhappy child. She’s had some counselling but it’s not resolving the situation. It’s worse around her periods so may well be hormonal but I’d like to find out now rather than let it become worse in the tricky years ahead.
Has anyone used the Ferndale Clinic?
sunsout
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Child psychologist for early teen

Postby sunsout » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:25 pm

Hi tvmum, sorry to hear that your DD is feeling sad. From speaking to other mums with teen daughters it does seem to be quite a common issue, not that that makes it any easier to watch.
I used Ferndale for my daughter. They seemed very friendly and my daughter liked the woman that she saw. Sorry I can't remember her name as it was a couple of years ago, she was quite young which I think my daughter liked. She saw her a handful of times.

Wishing your daughter well.

mummybubble
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby mummybubble » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:38 pm

Children's Therapies are very good. Both the man there and Rachel Couper - https://www.childrenstherapies.co.uk/ We saw her in Tooting but think they are in Clapham too. 

loobylou
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby loobylou » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:39 am

highly recommend Dirk Flowers http://flowerassociates.co.uk

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.