Knitted baby clothes

3 posts
Lucysc
Options:
Share this post on:

Knitted baby clothes

Postby Lucysc » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:48 am

I’m trying to set up a small business. I have hand made knitted cardigans for babies , premies and dolls clothes .
Any ideas , how to sell !
Sheds
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Knitted baby clothes

Postby Sheds » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:36 am

Hi Lucysc

Wondering if it might be worth linking in with local mid-wives and maternity wards in hospitals as they must be in frequent contact with parents of new born premies that would be grateful to know where they can buy little cardigans.  The same for non premies.  Not necessarily just local either - probably a potential market reach in all maternity wards.

I love knitting baby cardigans too, so if your market becomes too big for you to manage the knitting on your own, feel free to contact me - I could be one of your knitters!

Kind regards and wishing you every success.
BobtailsBoutique
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Knitted baby clothes

Postby BobtailsBoutique » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:33 pm

Hi I sell knitted cardigans for children on Etsy, you do need to register yourself as self employed to sell anywhere (not just online) and ensure you keep accurate records and submit yearly self assessment tax returns. The dolls cardigans as they have play value need to be C.E tested if you have not done this I suggest the C.E testing group on Facebook they have tested a number of wools you will need to pay to obtain the certificates for each of the wools you use but if your starting a business you can obviously deduct this from any profits you make in your first year. If you need to work out pricing check out The Handcrafted Business pricing calculator and info on working costs out. I hope this helps to get your new business off the ground. 😊

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.