Review - All Star Tennis Holiday Camp

1 post
joNVN
Options:
Share this post on:

Review - All Star Tennis Holiday Camp

Postby joNVN » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:48 pm

Review - All Star Tennis Summer Holiday Camp 

Two weeks into the Summer holidays and already we were reaching the “I’m bored” stage. I’d forgotten how much energy 5 and 7 year old boys have when at home full time (and how much they eat). Football over the Common and day trips with Mum was not cutting it for these 2! So, we were ALL delighted when they were invited to try out All Stars Tennis Holiday Camp at Wandsworth Common.  

The All Star Tennis camps offer children of all abilities the chance to work on their tennis skills during the school holidays in a  fun,structured environment meeting new friends and thoroughly enjoying themselves.  During their time on court, they cover a wide range of tennis based topics that challenge, inspire and excite their interest in the game. It’s been lovely hearing the boys talk about the sport with a genuine interest, even comparing notes on their day and the different skills they lehave arnt.
Other key features of the camps are:

• Small group ratios with players in smaller groups for age specific skill coaching,
  • Fun games - I’ve heard all about the rally game “rob the bank”, funky seaweed, and aliens to name a few!
  • Drills,
  • Tennis technique - our 5 year old has been practising his backhand everyday when  he gets home!
  • Fun tournaments,
  • Trick Shots,
  • Match preparation,
  • Team Games
  • And the option of dressing up on Friday to round up a very fun week.
There are 4 camps:
  1. 3-4 year olds - An hour long session with the child's adult attending
  2. 5-7 year olds - Morning or afternoon sessions
  3. 8 -12 year olds  
  4. Player Plus - for teens
All are tailored for the age groups and skill level. The children attending, progress and develop their game on appropriate court sizes, rackets and softer balls. The courses are for all abilities and are based on the internationally recognised LTA Mini Tennis Scheme. 
They run at King George’s Park, Wandsworth Common, Leaders Gardens and Tooting Common. 

My boys attended the 5-7 year old Camp which ran daily from 10am - 1pm at Wandsworth Common. There is also, an early drop off or extended stay option, that you can include as an add on to this camp. To summarise the week, they both absolutely loved it! 

From the arrival on Monday, the fab, friendly coaches welcomed the children on the court and you could see they were going to have fun. The boys were happy and didn’t look back after saying goodbye, which meant I was at ease too! There were big smiles at pick up after day 1, with a free baseball camps, awarded stickers and learning the fun nicknames for all the coaches. 

I can honestly say, they were excited to go back everyday. From their perspective they were having fun and from mine, it was clear from all the chat afterwards not only were enjoying themselves, they were learning lots about the game too! 
The Camps cover a lot of what I would look for as a parent, they met new children, learnt new skills, were active, safe and, of course, had lots and lots of fun. 
A mention needs to go to the wonderful coaching team that really relate to the children. They make the coaching fun as well as looking after them - every time I picked up the boys, they had their caps on (I can never get them to keep them on in the sun, but, then, I’m not called Ninja Nicky!).  

All in all, a great week, and I highly recommend All Star Tennis Holiday Camps to anyone looking for something fun and active for their children during the holidays.   

In the interests of transparency, NappValleyNet was gifted the Holiday Camp.  However, my views are my own and the boys had a really great week learning new skills and having fun.  

For more information and to check availability please see:
Email: info@allstartennis.co.uk
Call: 0208 871 4706

Attachments
AST_Web_Apr15 (4 of 54).jpg
AST_2018-1207.jpg