What are your thoughts about a new kids store in Balham

3 posts
Travel Designers
Options:
Share this post on:

What are your thoughts about a new kids store in Balham

Postby Travel Designers » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:07 pm

Hi just a quick survey of thoughts

If there was a kids concept store on Balham High Road, that offered a book selection, kids toys (more older fashioned) along with a boys barbers is this something that you would actively support and use ?

Would appreciate any feedback

Best wishes

Nick
SW11er
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: What are your thoughts about a new kids store in Balham

Postby SW11er » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:45 pm

Nick,

Unlikely from me if I am honest. Unless you have money to burn I would suggest staying clear of trying to get a high street shop to work. I know everything thinks they have a better idea - but the harsh reality is very few business survive on the high street around here let alone thrive. Costs are just too high and people aren’t spending the money on the high street. I fear it could get worse before it gets better as well.

Unless of course you have an amazing offer on retail space.....
calliwally
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: What are your thoughts about a new kids store in Balham

Postby calliwally » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:16 pm

I do agree with SW11er but if you have a service that people actually need then it can work, but the price has to be right and or worth the extra for the service. I'd say that if your main business is a kids barbers then as long as the price works (my son loves to go to the men's traditional barbers and it's £12 a haircut) and people are going there for that then you also would do well from the other things you sell if the products are aimed at your customers. I have a small kids brand and I find that when people collaborate on pop ups it works. The combined social media advertising always helps as each brand/product brings their customers and the combined reach can go further. It's not only good for revenue but it's helpful to bringing constant customers with the changing pop ups. There are loads of local small brands that would fit with yours and it wold mean you don;t need to spend as much on stock to fill the shop, at first at least with all the other set up costs. I don't know how big the space is, but could you also potentially hold workshops to utilise the space and keep people coming in?

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.