Clapham Manor Leisure Centre-What you think?

4 posts
bettina3
Options:
Share this post on:

Clapham Manor Leisure Centre-What you think?

Postby bettina3 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:39 am

Hello,
I would like to hear your personal opinion about Better Clapham Manor Leisure Centre, particularly swimming teachers and lifeguards. My children attend swimming lessons through school curriculum as well as additional private lessons but I'm a bit concerned about standards of the Centre. What’s your views?
firsttimerSW11
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Clapham Manor Leisure Centre-What you think?

Postby firsttimerSW11 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:52 am

The teachers are very good. My concern is more the ratio of children to teachers. From stage 3 onwards, there is a max ratio of 12:1. More and more they double up when teachers are unavailable or they haven’t managed to get cover. That said, I’ve never seen a situation where there are 24 in a class but my child has been in a class of 16 when a teacher has been unavailable. There is a lot of standing around.
I’ll probably stick with it as my child is a fairly good swimmer but if my child was in any way nervous etc, I’d look for something with a smaller ratio.
I haven’t ever observed the lifeguards doing anything that could be considered negligent and the centre itself is no worse than Latchmere or Balham Leisure centres.
SW11er
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby SW11er » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:24 am

If you are concerned about ratios of swimmers to teachers you could look at Kimberley Swim Clinics. They are 4 to 1 at most - but they only run in school holidays for a week at a time. They are at Ernest Bevin school and have their own lifeguards.
daisydaisy
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby daisydaisy » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:15 pm

Can’t comment on Clapham Leisure Centre but can also recommend Kimberley Swim Clinic

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.