Car Park attempted robbery

2 posts
Vhopeful
Options:
Share this post on:

Car Park attempted robbery

Postby Vhopeful » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:05 pm

Just a warning to all. Yesterday when I was parked in the Balham Waitrose car park someone stuck a metal implement in my back tyre. When I returned to my car and started reversing out, a ‘kind’ bystander Or so I thought pointed out that my tyre was flat.
While on a call to road side assistance they asked me to check the tyre model. When I was looking at the tyre a man quietly opened the passenger door and tried to make off with my handbag. I was super lucky as I somehow noticed the door move and ran around the car and managed to grab my bag off the offender.
This incident has been reported to the police and the waitrose staff were amazing in helping me. They do have cctv footage of it all, but I just wanted to warn local people that this type of scam is taking place and to be mindful.
Denwand
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Car Park attempted robbery

Postby Denwand » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:30 pm

That's shocking and how very upsetting for you even though nothing was lost in the end (and more importantly nobody hurt although these things can be disturbing and the effects last a while.

Disturbing also is the careful and sinister pre-meditation of the whole affair ....

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.