Cat owners - Recommendation for cat flap installer?

2 posts
GuyD73
Options:
Share this post on:

Cat owners - Recommendation for cat flap installer?

Postby GuyD73 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:05 pm

Hi all, we' ve bought one of those things with a suction cup that are supposed to make circular holes in glass but either it's rubbish, or we're particularly inept at using it, but all it's done so far is make a circular, and not very deep scratch! I did have my doubts about the efficacy of something that cost £15. 

It's a single, fairly thin glass door that we need to make a hole in and I feel sure there must be some cat owners who have needed to install cat flaps to their properties on NVN, so hoped there's a local person who's good at it and could help. 

I know we could buy a new full length pane of glass with a hole in it, but it seems such a waste. All and any advice appreciated.  

dimelda
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Cat owners - Recommendation for cat flap installer?

Postby dimelda » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:15 am

Seems you need a catflap installer!  The one to use is :

Four Paws Doors
phil@fourpawsdoors.co.uk
(Phil Foulger)
07814 406010

who's an accredited installer named on the Sureflap (SurePetCare) website (Sureflap make high end cat & dog flaps), although he'll install all brands (as far as I know).  He fits them thru wood, glass, brick, you name it, & did an excellent job for me a couple of weeks ago with a new Sureflap Microchip catflap.  In my experience, it's best to buy a top quality brand of catflap (altho not necessarily cheap) & use a reputable fitter.  You don't want other cats breaking into your house, nor do you want your cat locked out on these cold nights!  Good luck.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.