BEATTITUDE FITNESS, EARLSFIELD
TEST DATES: These are the dates of the test run classes. I will be teaching these classes, and after there will be 5-10 minutes of feedback questions.
- Wed 12th Feb 2:30-3pm
- Thurs 13th Feb 12:30-1pm
- Wed 19th Feb 2:30-3pm
- Thurs 20th Feb 12:30-1pm
- Wed 26th Feb 2:30-3pm
- Thurs 27th Feb 12:30-1pm
- There will be two different levels of classes
- 12 spaces for each class
- 24 women to help test out our programming and give feedback
- You must be available for both weeks (either Wednesday or Thursday not both)
- Cost: free
- No show / late cancel: you will be charged £10 if you do not turn up or late cancel without 5 hours notice (this is simply a method to incentivise everyone to attend)
- Post Trial Offer: as a thank you for your time, effort and energy, we will be offering you all a discount on our memberships and PAYG packs
Helen Keeble; Women’s Health Physiotherapist, International teacher and speaker. We have been working with Helen for quite some time now. She is an international Women's Health Physio with clinics in London and Dublin. She also travels from city to city to teach and train up new WHP’s as well as a lecture on the newest research and findings. Helen and I have very similar views on postpartum recovery. This week we discussed everything from pelvic health, the weight bearing impact of baby wearing, programming and class levelling. From our discussion, there are a few elements that we have decided are key to developing these classes:
- Pre-screening form. Wearing a baby whilst you exercise can be an increased strain to your pelvic region, so, for this reason, we are ensuring this first step is in place. If it is our professional opinion (from your form answers) that you should initially try the lower level class, then we will ask you to come to this one. If it then turns out you will be ok to do the higher class, we will add on another taster class so that you can try this out without cost.
- You must be a minimum of 8 weeks post-partum to join the baby wearing classes. We are happy for you to join our B’Form classes (low impact circuit class focussed on posture, pelvic floor rehabilitation, diastasis rehabilitation and overall strength and fitness) from 6 weeks, however, baby wearing must be from 8 weeks post-partum. I asked Helen to her own professional to why we decided this, which can help our clients understand this policy...
James and I have worked together for around 5 years. James continually challenges my views and knowledge on movement and the newest research on health, wellness, movement and rehabilitation. Some of you may even know James and his team at Back to Back in Earlsfield. James and I have had our initial discussion about the baby wearing classes, however to complete our next meeting, I must speak to and see Hannah Wallace in order to understand the components, restrictions and types of baby wearing equipment. So, James and I have our brief outline and class aims, but will be meeting this week post chat with Hannah to develop the movements.
Hannah Wallace; Owner and Lead Consultant at Wear my Baby.
We have our discussions booked for this coming week. I will keep you all updated with the newest information! But, be sure to fill in the quick pre screening form so that I can tell you in advance which class you will be testing. Here's that form again...