Teen

2 posts
Toddwarn
Options:
Share this post on:

Teen

Postby Toddwarn » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:45 pm

So my 14 year old daughter has been friends with this girl her whole life. They use to be best friends but things change but she still thought they were friends. This friend of hers family always ask us to run their kids or help out. We've always said yes. Now its this girls birthday and she had a party and didnt invite my daughter but the sent a snap of them to her. My daughter invited her to go to a college game with us next weekend and doesnt want her to go anymore. Which I understand. So what do I do? I'm so mad!
Needcoffeenow
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Teen

Postby Needcoffeenow » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:34 am

Similar thing happened to my daughter around the same age. But the forthcoming Saturday game makes it extra awkward. Do you know the other girl’s mother well enough to ask her if her daughter wants to go after leaving your daughter off her party invite list? Explain your daughter is upset, you know what they are like at this age etc. If not, perhaps grit your teeth, take the girl and see how it goes. If there is clearly still a problem you just have to let it go and talk to your daughter about other friends. Very tough though. Girls can be so casually cruel and tend to have ‘best friends’ more than boys.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.