Wandsworth Parking Permits Issue!

4 posts
Blueskies2020
Options:
Share this post on:

Wandsworth Parking Permits Issue!

Postby Blueskies2020 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:22 pm

After recently receiving a parking ticket we discovered that our car permit had expired the week before. Normally you receive an email from Wandsworth, but due to a computer glitch not all residents have received reminders.

Just in our road 3 residents have got parking tickets in the last few weeks, but understand one appealed his ticket on the basis they did not get a reminder and it was cancelled.

Worth checking the date of your permit and setting a reminder on your phone.
chorister
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Wandsworth Parking Permits Issue!

Postby chorister » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:24 pm

I logged on to my account on the parking website to renew my permit a few days ago, and my resident's permit has disappeared - it's not showing!  I've emailed them and had an automated acknowledgement, but so far nothing else.  I'm quite willing to renew my permit, but need to know whether they have all the evidence etc which went with the previous permit.  If I do get a ticket I'll certainly be appealing.
Zankyl
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Zankyl » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:42 am

I had exactly the same issue. I phoned the permit team and it turns out there is a tick box on everyone’s account to say whether you require a reminder that your permit is about to expire.
Mine coincidentally had been unticked (not through my choice) so I asked for it to be ticked once more.
Moose
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Moose » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:00 pm

Again, because no reminders are sent, I noticed that my parking permit had expired. I spent the whole weekend trying to renew it on line only to be repeatedly told that the website wasn't working. On the Monday I got a parking ticket. I went to the Town Hall and renewed my permit but they wouldn't deal with the issue of the website not working. I then appealed, sending in screen shots of all the messages about the website being down. Fortunately I have not heard more. This seems another example of Wandsworth cutting corners, not sending out reminders but being very eager to catch people out.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.