Steps to boost your health

2 posts
balhamtwimmum
Options:
Share this post on:

Steps to boost your health

Postby balhamtwimmum » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:22 pm

Hi there,
Please excuse this as it may seem like a shameless plug, but I’m just putting this out here because I care.

I hope you are well during these worrying and uncertain times. I want to send you a positive message and help you focus on what you can to help keep yourself strong, fit and healthy. I’m a Registered Nutritionist and Naturopath MBANT, CNHC

I can’t stress enough how important it is now than ever that we look after ourselves as much as we can both on a physical and mental level as we have some very uncertain and stressful months ahead of us.

Did you know what I work helping people online? It’s the way we are moving towards at the moment and ideal if you are concerned about leaving the house, working from home or are self-isolating. So, I can still help support and advise you. I can help you wherever you may live.
Call me on 07377 868 911 to arrange a remote session with me.

• Do you want to boost your immunity but not sure how?

• Do you want to eat the right foods to boost your resilience?

• Do you feel anxious about the future and not sleeping as a result and need help?

• Do you want to know what foods to eat and lifestyle tips to help support your mood?

• Do you want to take supplements to support to optimise your health during this Covid-19 outbreak but need some guidance - you don’t want to your waste money on the wrong ones for yourself or your family?

Before I go, here are some tips I’ve been sharing on Social Media to support your immune system:

✅ Eat plenty of fruit & veg as they contain antioxidants & immune boosting compounds, as well as plenty of fermented foods such as yoghurt, sauerkraut and kefir to help keep your gut healthy - 75% of immune cells are made in the gut so keeping a healthy gut is key.
✅ Eat plenty of zinc rich foods such as meat, fish, shellfish, legumes, nuts & seeds as zinc is required for the proper functioning of white blood cells
✅ Eat plenty of garlic because it has antibiotic, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial qualities so is really great at helping fight off infections
✅ Ensure that you’re adequately hydrated - sufficient hydration will optimise your immune cells
✅Make sure you get plenty of sleep - as lack of sleep or poor quality sleep reduces our immune defences making us more susceptible to illness
✅If you feel like you’re coming down with something, supplement with Vitamin C as this has antiviral properties and has been shown to help fight off infections or alternatively consider an immune supporting complex
✅Reduce the sugar in your diet - maintaining a healthy blood sugar balance improves the activity of the immune system
✅Reduce or avoid alcohol and caffeine intake as these suppress the immune system and affect the deep stages of sleep

And, please don’t forget to do things that bring you joy and happiness.
Alex x

Alex Gear, Registered Nutritionist and Naturopath MBANT, CNHC.
Navy
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Steps to boost your health

Postby Navy » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:40 pm

Thanks for sharing with us! We all need support in this tough period!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.