Wandsworth Recycling Bags

4 posts
Eansai
Options:
Share this post on:

Wandsworth Recycling Bags

Postby Eansai » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:01 am

Does anyone know where I can get some Wandsworth recycling bags (I'm based in Balham)? I've emailed the council three times in the last two weeks but no one has got back to me (obviously this isn't high on their priority list under current circumstances). They say on their website that they deliver them when required. I'm all out and this means I will have to throw all my recycling away in black bags going to landfill which is a real shame.
FrankJ
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Wandsworth Recycling Bags

Postby FrankJ » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:24 am

Disregarding the current situation, it's always been difficult getting any communication from the council on this. I made the request online, didn't receive anything for a few weeks. I made another request online, still nothing for a few weeks. I then emailed them one or twice but never got a response. Finally, a few weeks later I received 5 bundles.
Sarah McDermott
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Sarah McDermott » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:57 am

Have you tried your neighbours if you have a WhatsApp group for your road? 

Where are you in Balham? If close, I could do my dog-walk via you and drop a few on your doorstep if in dire need.

forfun
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby forfun » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:22 pm

Hi there -the council used to periodically drop off a bundle to households. This seems to have stopped-I don't understand why? 
We have also asked for them and they seem to take ages to deliver. We have lent them to neighbours and vice versa in the meantime , but I fear that many people will not bother recycling if there are no sacks provided. 
It is too much bother to have to remember to send emails and then too long to wait until delivered. 
Perhaps we can make a request for the council to reinstate the sack deliveries again, as we all need them-especially at the moment with people being at home , there will be more recycle refuse?

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.