BABY OBSERVATION (",)

1 post
VineshBhimjiyani
Options:
Share this post on:

BABY OBSERVATION (",)

Postby VineshBhimjiyani » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:49 pm

Are you pregnant or have you had a baby in the last 2 weeks?

Could you help me learn how babies grow and develop?

I am a Senior Counsellor and Psychotherapist within the NHS at a large London hospital and I am currently doing a course learning about child development at the Tavistock clinic: Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust.
A key component of the course involves observing a baby growing up in their home environment from the first 2
weeks after birth for a year.

Understandably we are living in very different circumstances and until we can meet in person, and for this to
continue within the home, it could be started remotely through apps such as Zoom or Teams with robust protocols that are in place. We could talk together about this and see what could work for you.

The observation would involve ‘visiting’ a mum and/or dad with their baby at home through Zoom or Teams for an hour weekly at a time that works for you. Families enjoy being part of an observation and someone showing great interest in the development of their baby and they themselves learn a lot from this process.

Parents have also frequently indicated that they welcome having someone whom they can talk about their baby’s development and their feelings about it. People often have different reasons for wanting an observer around, and that’s something I would be very happy to discuss.

I have an up to date Enhanced Certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and the Tavistock will be able to provide a letter of introduction if needed.

By taking part in this memorable experience, you would also be contributing to improving the clinical skills of
psychotherapists for years to come, which will then help their patients in the long run. You will also be helping and contributing to the NHS and clinicians.

Thank you for taking time to consider this.

If you are interested in hearing more about it and meeting face-to-face on Zoom/Teams to discuss this, please contact me on 07462047008 

Many thanks

Vinesh
M: 07462047008
Equally, if you know someone who you think might be interested, please do pass my details on to them.
Attachments
Infant Observation.pdf
(211.75 KiB) Downloaded 44 times

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.