Some exciting changes here at The Skylark Café, which will bring more family summertime fun for those staying home or visiting beautiful Wandsworth Common.
1. From Saturday we are delighted to be able to reopen the indoors counter (with Perspex screens and all important hygiene measures in place) for coffees to go and take-away food. Hooray! At last. Or if you’ve had enough of queuing, you can use our wonderful new HOPT app to avoid the queues and click and collect your goodies! Just download on the App Store or Google Play to browse the menus, then order when you’re near the café. It’s super quick and easy to use, much easier than setting up a Zoom Call!
2. From Friday, we now have wine, craft beer, Hayman’s G&T and Pimms, all ‘to-go’, and enjoy alongside your food. Please consider helping the environment by bringing your own wine glasses, unfortunately we are unable to provide proper glasses safely at the moment. We do have compostable plant-based plastic cups to offer if needed but it is of course better for our beautiful Common and planet not to use these! Please use the bins on the Common or even better, take your litter home for recycling.
3. On Friday afternoon then through the weekend, we are firing up our famous barbecue on the terrace, so do come and enjoy our delicious Rare Breed Burgers straight off the grill. Goes super well with point 2 above!
4. From this weekend we will be trialling staying open until 9pm (when the weather is dry*). So that will be 9am-9pm on Fridays and Saturdays. This weekend we will also trial these times on a Sunday and hope to continue with all subject to interest.
5. From Monday – Friday next week we have new summertime opening times, opening an hour earlier for coffee at 8am for all the early birds on the Common!
*Please follow our social media to check if we are open late when the weather is changeable.
Thank you for your support and stay safe everyone, please continue to remember to continue to observe the current social distancing guidelines from the Government and Public Health England when out and about.
If you have any questions do drop us a line on email@example.com
Charlie and all at The Skylark Café x