Self defence classes

5 posts
Lily85
Options:
Share this post on:

Self defence classes

Postby Lily85 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:09 pm

Hello

With all of the recent incidents (I heard two in last 7 days) regarding attempts of snatching children away from their carers, I would like to take some self defence classes to protect my two children. It is obviously also a good skill to have! Does anyone have any recommendations in the area? Thanks
Mimiandpip
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Self defence classes

Postby Mimiandpip » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:10 am

I highly recommend MA&Y, they run martial arts & self defence classes for adults & children and do family sessions too
Rudilux
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Rudilux » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:10 am

I second the above. MA&Y is excellent. My sons and I have taken classes with them for 3 years now. They offer Choi Kwang Do, ladies self defence, Krav Maga and Various yoga classes. Mr Johnson is an excellent teacher.
AndrewMane
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby AndrewMane » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:49 pm

Yeah, it's a very good idea to take some self-defence classes especially nowadays. 
JacoPatOR
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby JacoPatOR » Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:24 pm

Even you have no children, taking some self-defense classes won't hurt anyone nowadays. My husband insisted that we enroll our son and daughter in courses of the protection training so he was calm that they will have an idea of how to behave in situations where you can be at any time and you could help yourself not waiting for help from aside. More than that, as the practice shows, when you are attacked by hooligans, even if there are some people on the street, most likely they will run away so as not to have problems and they will not rush to save you. It's ok if they at least call the police.