Thank you

4 posts
sammiek67
Options:
Share this post on:

Thank you

Postby sammiek67 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:17 pm

Thank you so much to the French Lady in the yellow raincoat who found my three year old, shoeless and coatless, wandering down Taybridge Road this afternoon. I had gone to collect my eldest son from Wix and my youngest had managed to let himself out of the house whilst his father was on a conference call. I've played back the whole incident on video (we have a ring doorbell) and thank God that my son wasn't harmed. I am quite shaken up by the whole incident and the Yale lock is being moved much higher up the front door tomorrow. Thank you again to my guardian angel.
rubyonrails
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Thank you

Postby rubyonrails » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:28 pm

This could have ended so differently and what strikes me is that no one did anything wrong and yet the outcome could have been tragic. I hope that you aren't beating yourselves up. It is very generous of you to post to remind others of how easily these things happen. Thanks goodness for the french lady.
muddyboots
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby muddyboots » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:39 pm

What a relief that this all ended well!
To stop mine doing the same when they got tall enough it really helped to have a top lock that doesn’t need a key from inside.
I’d use that when one of us is out and kids and adult still at home.
Maybe instead of moving it up add one of
These ?
Attachments
DCE5B22F-949A-4347-BBE9-C9477D30DCAD.jpeg
Angel in yellow coat
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Angel in yellow coat » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:13 pm

Hi. That was me ! I am the lady in yellow coat who found your son. I am just very glad your son is safe and hasn’t come to any harm on the street. I really appreciate you took time to say thank you on chat here . I work as a nanny so I know how important is kids safety! ( I am Slovak not French) . 😃 All the best .

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.