We are distributing a message from the Council's Community Safety Officer in case you haven't seen it elsewhere. It is prompted by some recent robberies on the Common (Jan 2-10) near the Cat's Back bridge, after dark.
The MAC and Friends are meeting regularly with organisations responsible for policing on the Common including the Parks Police, the Met and the Council, with a view to addressing increased crime and anti social behaviour. If you have concerns or issues to report, please use the official channels below. OFFICIAL CONTACT DETAILS
- Patrolling mobile: 07500 95 94 42 (calls, text and whatsapp)
- General enquiries: 020 8871 7532
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- further info at website: Parks police - Wandsworth Borough Council
Non-emergency incidents 101
Emergencies: 999 if:
- A serious offence is in progress or has just been committed
- Someone is in immediate danger or harm
- Property is in danger of being damaged
- A serious disruption to the public is likely
Wandsworth Common Robberies
There have been a few robberies on Wandsworth Common, which have been reported to the police over the last few weeks. The victims have been under 18, who are targeted for their phones and other valuables in the early evening.
The perpetrators are believed to be 2 males, who have been described as wearing dark clothing and possibly balaclavas.
If you have given your children a new phone please make sure that that it is insured and that you have recorded the imei number, dial *#06# on your phone. This will allow your mobile service provider to block the phone.
Remind your child to keep their valuables hidden, especially when going through parks. Also
- Be aware of their surroundings
- Don’t text and walk
- Keep to well-lit roads
- Don’t take short cuts
- Report all crimes to the police as soon as possible
- Remind them not to put themselves in danger, by holding onto their property.
The police and the Council’s parks and events police are patrolling the area.