Belleville School Catchment Area (for Webbs Rd)

4 posts
Brodie27
Options:
Share this post on:

Belleville School Catchment Area (for Webbs Rd)

Postby Brodie27 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:32 pm

Hi all

We are looking at a house in Grandison Road (Chatto Road end) and I was wondering about the Belleville School catchment area. The house has been in the catchment area for the last five years according to Wandsworth Admissions data but what I would be keen to know is whether it is close enough to the school for admission to the Webbs Road site. 

Grateful if anyone has any insight on what tends to be the catchment area for a shoe in admission to Webbs Road compared to the Meteor site. All insights would be greatly appreciated. :)

Many thanks in advance!
Jonny Dyson Property Consultants
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Belleville School Catchment Area (for Webbs Rd)

Postby Jonny Dyson Property Consultants » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:28 am

Have you called and asked the school?

Depending on how close you are to Chatto then you could potentially be in catchment for Belleville Webb's, Honeywell or on a year with lots of admissions or siblings, then Belleville Meteor.  None of these are bad choices, and each school/site has different pros and cons.  I assume you know that the pupils who go to the Meteor site are still the furthest measured from Belleville Webb's, so you could be on the furthest reaches towards Bellevue Road and still have to go past the main school and onto Meteor.  That being said, Meteor is a lovely school with a real community feel due to it's much smaller size.

Also remember that it really does depend on the applications in the year your children will join, with special attention to siblings.  Is the current pandemic going to push more people from private to state in the coming years - who knows?

The only guaranteed location for Webb's would be on Belleville or Wakehurst Roads...!!
SarahG88
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby SarahG88 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:36 pm

Hi,
As the other poster advised I would call the school. I live on Leathwaite road which is close to Belleville site and our house was in the catchment area when we bought it but that was 8 years ago so I’m not sure now.
I would look at houses as close to the school as possible if that is the school you have your heart set on.
Often they give out places when and if they become available to the next in line closest to the school, so if you could get a house closer I def would to insure your chances.

Hope you find somewhere.
Woody
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Woody » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:02 am

As previous posters have mentioned, it really does depend on the number of siblings/admissions for the year. A booster for the catchment area over the last few years has been a five form entry on some years. However I believe this is no longer going to be possible due to space restrictions so it would go back to only 4 classes which reduces the catchment zone significantly. I also live on Grandison Road (Chatto Road side) and the year my son got in was a sibling heavy year and we didn’t actually get offered a place at Belleville until the July and it was the Meteor site - I’d say this is an extreme circumstance but something you may want to take into account. As already mentioned, if you really want to go to the Belleville Webb site you probably can guarantee this by buying a house off Webb/Wakehurst Road near the school.