Boarding schools for 10+

4 posts
Tirednotovertired
Options:
Share this post on:

Boarding schools for 10+

Postby Tirednotovertired » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:54 am

Really asking for help here, I’m looking for a boarding school for my twin boys aged 11. They would suit somewhere kind, cosy and not that academic. I keep being bombarded with amazing looking mega huge ones and I just don’t know where to start. Help
nvmof3
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Boarding schools for 10+

Postby nvmof3 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:17 am

Milton Abbey?
Dauntseys?
Bryanston?
Bedales?
Seaford?

All these are well known for being less selective academically with amazing pastoral care.

Good luck!
Greyskies
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Greyskies » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:38 am

Can you be clearer about the age range you are looking for? Are you looking for a prep school to 13 or a senior school to 18? Boys only or co-ed. Geographical area? 

There are lots of lovely weekly/boarding preps in the home counties which provide a nurturing environment for under 13s.  Entrance is not competitive and many children start at 11. They will then recommend on the best senior school and will have contacts there to ease any transition. Look at Woodcote House school for example or Brambletye or Northbourne Park.  You may find your children are completely different at 12/13. 

At senior level, St Edmunds Canterbury, Royal Russell, Worth School, St Christopher’s Letchworth all have boarding and a reputation for being more nurturing than some other schools. 

aaliyahh
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby aaliyahh » Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:21 pm

If you are interested in a Prep School (until 13) then I recommend Handcross Park School! I went there myself and absolutely loved it.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.