Streatham Hill/Streatham Common Areas - Bigger House Bigger Gardens?

3 posts
bunny20
Options:
Share this post on:

Streatham Hill/Streatham Common Areas - Bigger House Bigger Gardens?

Postby bunny20 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:40 pm

Hello

We are currently living between the Commons and are looking to move to a bigger house. We cannot find anything around here that we can a) afford or that b) will give us something different to what we already have.  I have now widened our search and have been looking at houses in Streatham Hill and I must say am really impressed by the housing stock/size of garden etc.  We have three children (2 boys and a girl) and my eldest is at Secondary School. I would love to hear from other families who have made the move and hear your thoughts on how you have found it. Particularly families who have lived in SW11 and who can advise me on specific areas? Are there any particular areas we should look at that are great for families.  Is it a good area for teenagers?  Would be great to get some feedback!.  
meeshter
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Streatham Hill/Streatham Common Areas - Bigger House Bigger Gardens?

Postby meeshter » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:23 am

We moved from SW12 to Streatham 6 years ago and absolutely love it, especially the fact that we have a driveway and a large garden. We live on a really friendly street just off Garrards Road close to Streatham and Clapham school. Transport is great and Tooting Common is right at the end of our road.
southoak16
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Streatham Hill/Streatham Common Areas - Bigger House Bigger Gardens?

Postby southoak16 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:24 am

We moved from Battersea/Clapham to Streatham Hill for the same reason and we love it. Much more space, excellent green spaces, good transport links and well placed for good local schools as well as private schools in both Clapham and Dulwich.

The ABCD roads, Telford Avenue Conservation area and streets around Tooting Common are well regarded, close to the station and have good housing stock. Personally I’d stay closer to Streatham Hill than Brixton Hill in that area.

There are also some lovely houses and neighbourhoods closer to Streatham Common (where Streatham station would be your closest transport link). The streets off Valley Road are nice - the Streatham Wells area - as is the south side of the Common (Covington Way etc.)

Hope that helps!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.