Wimbledon - problem getting a refund due to Covid

1 post
coffeeclub
Options:
Share this post on:

Wimbledon - problem getting a refund due to Covid

Postby coffeeclub » Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:11 pm

Just wanted to warn people with tickets to Wimbledon, who then find themselves unable to go due to testing positive for Covid, that the email address to request a refund is apparently not the one listed in the online Ticket Holder's Handbook.

Having tested positive for Covid at the weekend, I realised I wouldn't be able to attend on Wednesday this week, so emailed the ticket office email address, like the Ticket Holders' Handbook said to do. The Handbook said that as long as you let them know at least 24 hours before the day you are due to attend the tennis, you will receive a refund.

Having not heard anything yesterday, other than the automated email response on Sunday, I thought I'd call the ticket office to check all was in hand with my refund. However, when I finally git through I was told I hadn't followed the correct procedures as all refund requests need to be made to the Refunds email and I hadn't given 24 hours notice. As you can probably imagine, I was fuming to be told this when I had followed the instructions as per Wimbledon's Ticket Holders' Handbook!

The person on the phone was not very helpful, and said he couldn't do anything about it nor put me through to anyone in Refund as they only deal with emails. He did give me the Refunds email, so I sent them a very cross email! 24 hours later and I still haven't heard anything about my refund.....

FYI the 'correct' email address for claiming a refund isĀ refunds@aeltc.com

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.