Help!!! I am going mad!

3 posts
luckymummy
Options:
Share this post on:

Help!!! I am going mad!

Postby luckymummy » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:56 am

I just wanted to know if anyone knows of a good child psychologist. I dont know what to do about my 3 year old son. He is wonderful and loving when he wants to be but since he was born he has been such hard work. I know that most of you out there will say that this is normal but his moods switch in an instant, he has a lot of anger in him, he lashes out at his sister, he clings to me constantly, very timid, hates change, likes everything done in a particular way and if it isn't, goes into a rage. He is massively attention seeking and I don't know if all this bad behaviour is for attention. I am really at the end as it has been 3 hard years of this and I am about to snap. At the end of the day I am so exhausted from dealing with him that I cant even cook dinner for myself. I have a daughter who is younger and a breeze in comparison. I feel like I need to talk to a professional who can either tell me that this kind of behaviour is normal or that we can get help to control my sons moods.
BalhamMumWorkingFT
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Help!!! I am going mad!

Postby BalhamMumWorkingFT » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:02 am

Go see your GP immediately and get yourself referred. Sounds like you need some support. Remember to take care of yourself.

http://www.achippp.org.uk/
philippa
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Help!!! I am going mad!

Postby philippa » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:19 am

Hello

Poor you! I had/have a similar thing with my son (and there is a younger sister) and really sympathize. For me 3years old was the hardest... he is now 6.

I read a great book last year called "the explosive child" which helped a lot http://www.amazon.co.uk/Explosive-Child ... 224&sr=8-1

I also talked to someone at the Parent Practice (I think they now have a help line) who was a great support.

Feel free to contact me directly if you want to speak to someone who thinks they know where you are...

All the best

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.