How much to pay our nanny for an overnight babysit?

4 posts
Bodders1
Options:
Share this post on:

How much to pay our nanny for an overnight babysit?

Postby Bodders1 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:20 pm

I wondered what the going rate would be for an overnight stay? We currently pay our nanny £11 per hour net in the day and £9 per hour for evening babysitting. She has agreed to do an overnight for us but not sure what would be a fair rate between the hours of say 11pm when she goes to bed and 7am when the children get up?
I know maternity nurses get up to £190 for 24 hours so not sure if that would be the equivalent?
Thanks so much in advance for any advice.
fionapm
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: How much to pay our nanny for an overnight babysit?

Postby fionapm » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:59 pm

I think it depends how much she will have to do in the night (do the kids sleep through?) and what time they get up in the morning.
Bodders1
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Bodders1 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:04 pm

Thanks. They get up at 7am - 6 year old always sleeps through. 2.5 year old sometimes wakes up for a wee but goes straight back.
monaco
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby monaco » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:35 pm

We did that a couple of years ago when our daughter was about 4 years old. She was not waking up during the night and the nanny was staying for the weekend so we agreed a general price for the whole weekend.

In your case, i would say that £9 per hour when she is awake makes sense but that if she is asleep and the kids are too,you can reduce that down to £6 an hour.

Hope this helps
For stylish family holiday ideas in hotels and villas with pools, visit https://fromthepoolside.com

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.