Mayfield gymnastics hascancelled boys gymnastics

5 posts
Help-please
Options:
Share this post on:

Mayfield gymnastics hascancelled boys gymnastics

Postby Help-please » Thu May 19, 2016 3:19 pm

So Mayfield gymnastics club has decided today to cancel their boys gymnastics program from Sept. My son will be devastated. I have called Gemstones and Tooting, and both have long wait lists. Does anyone know of anywhere that offers boys gym that is still a good club, not too far from tooting/clapham but without a waitlist.
Mayfield suggested Heathrow and Sutton, which seem a bit extreme to travel to considering we aren't quite at the Olympic level of representation yet!
Goldhawk
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Mayfield gymnastics hascancelled boys gymnastics

Postby Goldhawk » Thu May 19, 2016 5:42 pm

stayathomemuminsw11
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby stayathomemuminsw11 » Thu May 19, 2016 9:05 pm

My daughter's gymnastics teacher at school recommended Heathrow, because she thought she was pretty good at gymnastics, and Mayfield wouldn't push her enough. She was on the waiting list for Mayfield and I never heard from them (!) so I decided to take her for a trial at Heathrow. It is the best thing I have done, she LOVES it. She isn't in the squad there (it became clear that what looks amazing at school level is just very good recreational level gymnastics at Heathrow!) but she is in a rec. class above her age group there, on a Friday.

I made the mistake of driving once (never again!) but it's easy by train.

Clapham Junction to Feltham (18 mins direct) and mini cab (5 mins) the other end. (Or there's probably a bus, I haven't looked into it).

Anyway, the journey is not too bad really and it is an amazing club. They have to do a trial first and then the waiting list can be long but it depends on how good your child is and how many kids are waiting etc. We only waited 2 weeks for a place.

Hope that helps.
Help-please
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Help-please » Thu May 19, 2016 10:05 pm

Thanks for the replies. I hadn't even thought about the train. That's a great idea. Thank you!!!
pasdechevalballet
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby pasdechevalballet » Mon May 23, 2016 12:45 pm

My brother coaches at Tolworth Gymnastics, easily accessible along the A3 (we travel from Wimbledon are), they even have special boys groups and squads: http://www.tolworthgymclub.co.uk/