Taking a nanny on holiday

3 posts
Polster21
Options:
Share this post on:

Taking a nanny on holiday

Postby Polster21 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:36 am

Hi

Does anyone have experience of taking a nanny on holiday. We are thinking of asking our nanny to come with us for a long weekend on the continent. It's a family party and whilst we won't necessarily need her to be working in the day, we will need her for babysitting on at least one night, possibly more, and possibly for some extra children too. She normally works Mon to Thurs 8 - 6 so the weekend would largely be outside her working hours, although Monday would be covered if we were to return on the Monday. Obviously we will pay for her travel and accommodation, but unsure how to price the rest.

What do people normally do? It would be too expensive to pay her hourly rate 24/7 for the whole time we are there!

Thanks
little_mummy
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Taking a nanny on holiday

Postby little_mummy » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:57 am

Also interested to hear responses.
Penguin80
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Taking a nanny on holida

Postby Penguin80 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:12 am

Hi I'm a nanny and have been on holiday with families I've worked for. Depending on how many hours you need her for you could agree a fixed amount for the whole time you are away rather than an hourly rate. For example I did a weekend and had to have the children overnight in my bedroom so I changed £60 for the whole night, I also agreed on £100 a day, as even though, you are paying for her flights etc it is still their weekend, and their free time and even if you don't need them the whole time they can't exactly go home and come back can they. The going rate is between £60-80 for overnight care and between £80-120 during the day. I hope that helps.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.