Movers and Shapers, Balham - any good??

8 posts
Balhamberry
Options:
Share this post on:

Movers and Shapers, Balham - any good??

Postby Balhamberry » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:31 pm

Anyone been? Can you recommend?

Or indeed any other PAYG fitness related options in Balham/Wandsworth common area?
ZNW
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Movers and Shapers, Balham - any good??

Postby ZNW » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:23 am

I liked it there but did not have the discipline to continue - aiming to get back!
1sttimemummy
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby 1sttimemummy » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:00 am

Hi BalhamBerry,

I used Movers & Shapers in Balham for a month as it was on special offer. I really did like the classes and the the instructors were very informative.

I used to use the studio at lunchtimes so there was often only myself or one or two others in the classes which was a huge bonus.

However, given the monthly fee, I decided that I would join a local gym where I could use the facilities any time I liked and have use of a pool for not much more money.

If you want a quick. fast paced work-out then I'd recommend it.
ZNW
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby ZNW » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:08 am

Funnily enough I just received a £20 off email for referring a friend (for the friend too)- https://playgategroup.wufoo.com/forms/w1tn6xs10crkv13/

I can give you my details if you end up wanting to sign up
hema.desai
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby hema.desai » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:28 pm

I really liked the movers and shapers in Balham but found it quite expensive for a half an hour class. I never really see them to any promotional offers either.
Movers & Shapers
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Movers & Shapers » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:40 pm

Hi there NappyValley!

We'd like to extend our £20 off offer to all NappyValleyNet readers. Use promo code NEWYOU20 at checkout to get £20 off our 10 or 20 session packs or your first month on a monthly membership (min subscription is 3 months). Monthly memberships give you unlimited sessions. Offer to new clients only. www.moversandshapers.co.uk/prices

We offer Group Personal Training sessions across the day with typically 4-6 in a session meaning you get a really effective workout & lots of friendly motivation. All levels very welcome.

Offer ends Friday - we look forward to seeing you!
balhammummy74
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby balhammummy74 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:15 pm

I belong there and like it. Working from home, it is a perfect solution (and I have no excuse not to go) for a quick workout. They have a great range of classes and the instructors are great and you rarely have issues being able to get into the ones you want. They have a great app that you can book classes two weeks in advance.

That being said, it is very expensive (especially compared to the likes of Balham Leisure Centre or even Virgin Active). But if you go enough, it's much cheaper than personal training sessions on your own.

I suggest trying the 10 classes, then you can see if you would go enough and it would be worth it for you.
Balhamberry
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Balhamberry » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:34 pm

Thanks all - really helpful comments. I will give it a go!