Christmas in bali will be wonderful!
I’ve been a few times and was there 6 weeks in feb/March.
Can highly recommend the following:
- Restaurant locavore - ubud. Listed in worlds best restaurants. Must book several weeks in advance. Incredible tasting menu.
- Karsa spa - ubud. Best rated spa in Bali. Cheap as chips. Book in advance. I had 8hours of treatments for c£60!!
- sunrise trek - mount Batir. Best thing we did in Bali. Collected around 1-2am. Trek up the mountain to arrive at the top for sunrise. Incredible experience. Take a fleece/light jacket as it’s cold in the early hours.
- canggu- the cutest, hip area with lots of instagram-worthy coffee shops, paddy fields etc. Fins beach club is lively.
- Gili islands - they are wonderful, what people imagine when they think of Bali. Approx 1km wide, white sand, clear water. There are 3: trewangan (t) - party/lively/young, amazing nightly street food market. Air - the quietest, beautiful, go there to do nothing. Meno - between the 2. This is a couples island.
- hire a driver for the day and go visit temples, beaches etc - it’s very cheap. I can send you numbers of ones I’ve used if interested.
Happy for you to PM me re anything specific
All the best