Annabel (admin)
Site Admin
Options:
Share this post on:

Winterville in coming: Clapham Commons first ice rink

Postby Annabel (admin) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:46 pm

From their press releases...

http://winterville.co.uk/winterville-is-coming/

Offering a completely different festive experience, Winterville will feature an outdoor Ice Rink, food from Street Feast, Backyard Cinema’s Winter Night Garden, a UV-powered Crazy Golf course, a Fairground, an alternative Christmas Market and various themed bars.

The Spiegeltent will host plenty of FREE entertainment including an opening weekend set from Norman Jay MBE and shows from Guilty Pleasures, Ultimate Power, South London Soul Train, R&She with All Saint Mel Blatt, Gin & Juice, Indeedy Musical Bingo and the Winterville Orchestra & Choir.

Ticketed shows include Cirque du Cabaret, Mexican Wrestling, Sink The Pink Presents The Merry Marys, Little Gay Brother and Mariah & Friends. Meanwhile, the Twisted Wheels Roller Disco will feature nights from The 2 Bears, Erol Alkan’s Disco 3000 and Throwback Events, as well an All-Abba Disco and a Studio 54 Special.

For kids there’s a live adaptation of Mimi & The Snow Dragon from War Horse creator Michael Morpugo, the Big Fish Little Fish Family Rave, the World Beyond the Wardrobe immersive experience and Santa’s Workshop.

LineBall Tennis/Siva
Share this post on:

Re: Winterville in coming: Clapham Commons first ice rink

Postby LineBall Tennis/Siva » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:44 pm

Dear NappyValley Resident,

While that note about Winterville is a promotion effort for the "Commercial Event" it is by no means a done deal yet - don't hold your breaths parents and children!

Planning permission and consultation with Lambeth and importantly residents around the #ClaphamCommon, including Wandsworth Borough ones, have OBJECTED on the basis of great inconvenience from the huge size of the site and the length of the cordoning off of large chunks of Clapham Common.

I am myself, a Friends of Clapham Common - FCC committee member who has, as a Friends group and Wandsworth resident have objected to the current site of Winterville; it should be LOCATED on the designated fun-fair / circus site instead of on the Common... the Friends do not object to Winterville outright as we appreciate the views and wishesof the many parents and children of NappyValley who would welcome and appreciate the event enterprise in their backyard. BUT would local resident like Winterville if it became a behemoth commercial enterprise, down the years. Think of the "SW4" event and its disruption!!! :o

It is important that you register your views via F.C.C site or the Lambeth's planning application link, as below:
https://claphamcommon.org/news/wintervi ... ter-views/
https://planning.lambeth.gov.uk/online- ... 03VBOIR300

The meeting to voice dissent or even acquiescence about Winterville and concerns regarding its location, length and size of event was YESTERDAY as advertised on their website:
17 Oct - PAC to discuss Winterville: Main Hall - Karibu Education Centre, 7 Gresham Road, SW9 7PH (From Lambeth website)

Will try update.

Regards
Krishna Siva
LineBallTennis.Com
Shoppingmom
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Shoppingmom » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:20 pm

Please tell me this was approved!! So many of my friends (and obviously myself) have been looking forward to this for two years! The events are very different. I think bringing anything Christmas to the area would be lovely! I’m sad I missed the meeting. I missed it last year and I am disappointed some people decided against the fair. I think it would be wonderful for everyone. The positives seem to outweigh any negatives in my opinion. Plus, I won’t critise against this until we give them a chance. The difference in reasons for attending a Christmas fair will be very different than those going to sw4 music festival. Spread Christmas cheer!!!!!
NicQ
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby NicQ » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:43 pm

I assume this has been approved and is definitely going ahead given that they have started selling tickets etc?...
Bunnypigeon1
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Bunnypigeon1 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:18 pm

I've already bought tickets for some events so I hope it does go ahead!
NicQ
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby NicQ » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:53 pm

The website talks of discounted tkts for local residents. Anyone know how you get hold of these? I’m wondering how local you need to be?
cyprus19
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby cyprus19 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:33 am

Also any ideas how you book to see Father Christmas there?
misty32
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby misty32 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:12 pm

I spoke with them over Facebook regarding Father Christmas and they told me it is going to be a drop in event (not sure how much they underestimate the amount of kids who live around here!!).
cynic
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby cynic » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:39 pm

This is a long event, which is surprising,

Tried to obtain local resident discounted tickets for daytime ice rink.
You have to go through most of the ticket buying steps and then enter your postcode. Site did not recognise our SW11 postcode so I emailed their contact email, this was about 5 days ago and I have received no reply....