Grappling with everyday life?

3 posts
redtulipsplease
Options:
Share this post on:

Grappling with everyday life?

Postby redtulipsplease » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:04 pm

Paulo Coelho said “ If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine - it’s lethal.”

He's not wrong - the daily routine can be drudgerous and we’re all at it, but occasionally something happens to halt routine for a while - in my case it was my parents dying.

I was 40, married with 3 young kids - a full time mum with a lot going on - the school run, swimming lessons, dance classes - karate club - meals to make, forms to fill in - blah blah blah - you know what I’m talking about - it all has to carry on even when you’re not feeling it.

I missed Mum - she was my rock and always had words of wisdom. Thankfully she left diaries - 30 years worth fact - she wrote quirky one liners making observations about everyday life and they made me think. I started to wonder how other women spent their everyday and decided if was missing the main women in my life why not talk to women that were still here and ask them how they “do life”.

A hundred women and four years later I’d gathered a treasure chest of fascinating facts about their everyday life that was too good not to share. One of the many common themes that came up during our conversations was lack of confidence and low self esteem - not many of us escape its claws - me included, so if I wanted to share what I’d heard I’d have to squeeze out of my comfort zone and start a whole new chapter - book writing!

Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought I’d have a book out but having heard so many self deprecating comments about how “I can’t, I don’t know how to, I feel invisible, I’ve lost my confidence” spurred me on to produced this beautiful, inspirational book designed so you can answer the questions I asked too.

Why not start a conversation yourself- grab a friend, stick the kettle on and listen - it’s quite eye opening to hear your own thoughts out loud.

Collecting Conversations is the perfect Mother's Day gift - available now.

You can order if from my shop website http://www.collectingconversations.com or from Clapham Books 26 The Pavement SW4
Attachments
Sam Bunch.jpg
Chocgirl
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Grappling with everyday life?

Postby Chocgirl » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:26 am

Thanks for letting us know about this book. It's a lovely book, really uplifting and full of great quotes from real women. Definitely the kind of book to keep coming back to for inspiration - especially at times when things may not be going too well.
Bubs
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Grappling with everyday life?

Postby Bubs » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:22 am

I bought this book for my Mum for Mother’s Day. Due to my own juggling act at home/work, Sam was even kind enough to drop it round (at 7pm at night!) to ensure delivery to Mum would be in time. Then had the good grace to applaud my 6 year old’s impromptu gymnastics show as we chatted. Lovely lady, gorgeous book - went down a storm with two generations in Norfolk and I’ll be borrowing it after them!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.