Graveney feedback please vs SCHS

2 posts
Mumof3Balham
Options:
Share this post on:

Graveney feedback please vs SCHS

Postby Mumof3Balham » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:40 pm

Hi - does anyone have experience of preferably both SCHS and Graveney schools. Our D has been offered a place at Graveney in extension - our alternative is SCHS. Almost 2 extremes. I hear SCHS is very nurturing and of course there is the extra curricular benefits but think teaching and academics may be better in extension at Graveney - our daughter is not particularly confident and worry if this could be an issue in a big school like Graveney - yet I like the diversity and the fact it's a mixed school. Any views on both or either from those with direct experience would be great. Many thanks.
LMC1
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Graveney feedback please vs SCHS

Postby LMC1 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:38 pm

Our daughter is in Year 10 at SCHS and we have been delighted with the school - for us the balance of stretching her (she would otherwise be likely to coast) but not putting her under too much pressure has been great. She has also really appreciated the range of extra curricular activities, has been given lots of opportunities to develop non-academically as well (eg leadership skills) and has made a lovely group of friends. What has also impressed me is that there is a range of predicted grades amongst her friends and they are all having a very positive experience of the school. I do not have any direct experience of Graveney but I am sure someone else in here can fill you in!