Off work with stress, anxiety or depression and looking to get back to work?

4 posts
JoY
Options:
Share this post on:

Off work with stress, anxiety or depression and looking to get back to work?

Postby JoY » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:10 pm

Are you off work with stress, anxiety or depression and looking to get back?
Or are you managing someone off work and would like to help them but unsure of what to do?

We are trialling a new free online toolkit and are looking for people to give us feedback. Any information will be treated anonymously and in confidence. Please contact Joanna.yarker@kingston.ac.uk for an information pack. Please share.

Watch our 1 minute animation for further information: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTYhGvkBhIE
JoY
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Off work with stress, anxiety or depression and looking to get back to work?

Postby JoY » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:50 am

This trial has now finished.

If you are looking for more info please see the igloo guides from our site - www.affinityhealthatwork.co.uk/our_research or email me and I will happily share some resources that might help o your journey back to work. Email - jo@affinityhealthatwork.com

Jo
DorothyBower
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Off work with stress, anxiety or depression and looking to get back to work?

Postby DorothyBower » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:36 pm

I started drinking
DorothyBower
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby DorothyBower » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:37 pm

It started a couple of months ago when a girl from my team, let's call her Anna, started acting not like herself. It was happening intermittently. A couple of days she would act just like her old self, hard-working, kind, joyful, and then a week or two she would be discombobulated, missing on her deadlines, forgetting some of her tasks. When I finally spoke to her, she assured me that there is nothing to worry about. Two weeks later, I receive a call from her sister, telling me that they found Anna passed out in her room next to an empty bottle of vodka and sleeping pills. Apparently, she was struggling with so much anxiety and depression... Her family wanted to send her to rehab, but she refused. She wouldn't even go to therapy. After many unsuccessful attempts to help her, I read an article in the Los Angeles Magazine on online therapy, and this time I was relieved that she accepted. She is now slowly recovering, and opening up. I really hope this is not just for the time being and we can see her back to work soon...

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.