(Wedding) dress designer/maker

4 posts
FLH03
Options:
Share this post on:

(Wedding) dress designer/maker

Postby FLH03 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:43 pm

Looking for any recommendations please for a local dress designer and maker for friend who is getting married in early December - my friend is 50, professional woman, getting married to long term boyfriend, it's a late afternoon civil ceremony in traditional setting, but she wants a bit of fun/quirky approach for a mature grown-up winter wedding.
Hoping to find someone to help with this.

Thank you 
TheMagenpies
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: (Wedding) dress designer/maker

Postby TheMagenpies » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:02 pm

I can highly recommend Melanie Baker. She's local. And I've seen two wedding dresses that she's designed and made. One was for a 'mature bride' (second marriage and low-key registry office wedding). Both dresses were stunning.

Here's her website

http://www.melaniebakerdesigns.com
LifestyleMum
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby LifestyleMum » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:09 am

I highly recommend Sandra Hughes, a Bespoke Wedding Dressmaker. Has a very warm approach with her brides to be. And always up for new challenges. Her number is 07966 903143.
Hyde Ranger
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Hyde Ranger » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:12 am

I completely second the recommendation of Melanie Baker – she is fantastic. She made me a dress to wear to my daughter's wedding and it is just gorgeous. She is incredibly talented, and will take your friend's ideas (no matter how vague!) and sketch them into the perfect dress – it's amazing to be part of this process! On top of this, she is an absolutely lovely person, so a joy to work with.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.