French campsites

3 posts
haggis68
Options:
Share this post on:

French campsites

Postby haggis68 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:46 pm

Hi all - does anyone have any recommendations for French campsites (for end Aug)? Lots of recommendations  on cool camping but would love some personal experience. We have two kids - 3 & 5 which should be ...er interesting  :lol:

Thanks!

Star
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: French campsites

Postby Star » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:10 pm

We are going to Benodet in Brittany soon and went last year and loved it so much we wanted to do it again. We booked through a company called Firefly holidays and we are flying there from City airport rather than ferry crossing
http://www.escale-stgilles.fr/
The campsite is great for kids and has a kids club ( which we didnt use) but I loved how you could leave and right away be along a long stretch of beautiful coastline. Great for cycling and rock pooling. Great weather, not too hot. Firefly work for other campsites throughout France too. Highly recommend😊
DesignDad1997
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: French campsites

Postby DesignDad1997 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:42 pm

I can recommend
Camping l'ardechois
 Le Chambon, 07190 Gluiras, Franceardechois-camping.fr+33 4 75 66 61 87it has 2 pools, one for adults and a toddler pool - lots of shade and its up in the hills of the Ardeche - its close via a windey road to St Savier de Montagut where there is a small supermarket - , the upper level of the camp site is my preference, more views and breeze  - the lower area is close to a stream to paddle in too. Bread is avaialbe at the campsite shop in the mornng and afternoon save a journey to keep stocking up, the bar is good and restaurant  decent but not spectacular, it is popular with the Dutch from my 3 visits.