Wandsworth Parking System change - warning for those who use visitor permits

4 posts
szerma
Options:
Share this post on:

Wandsworth Parking System change - warning for those who use visitor permits

Postby szerma » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:15 pm

If, like me, you live in Wandsworth, don't own a car but occasionally buy visitor parking vouchers via the Wandsworth online system (e.g. for builders or friends), I just wanted to warn you that the system has changed, and if you want to buy a visitor parking permit online on short notice, you may not be able to do so.

The system now requires you to submit (electronically) proof of residence in the borough and it takes "usually" 2 days to process your application. The application process is free btw. They did not send any notification or reminder about this system change if you are not a resident permit holder.

If you ever do need a permit at short notice and haven't managed to register on the system in time, you can also pop to any of the libraries (full list on their website) to buy one in person, but you will then need to fill out an application form, present proof of address, and also pay a slight premium.

Just thought I would warn others.

M
http://www.wandsworth.gov.uk/info/20045 ... ng_permits

coldatchristmas
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Wandsworth Parking System change - warning for those who use visitor permits

Postby coldatchristmas » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:56 pm

Thanks for this.

I found the online system a nightmare to use - really hard to work out what to do.

If I was a cynic I’d say it was because they wanted the fines!
monaco
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Wandsworth Parking System change - warning for those who use visitor permits

Postby monaco » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:44 am

They said they sent an email to help activate the new account but we never got one for both accounts we have.
There is no number to call and they say to send an email to an address but “we have a lot of requests”.
Our annual resident parking permit is ending next week and apart from creating a third new account I’m not sure what to do. Any one knows?
For stylish family holiday ideas in hotels and villas with pools, visit https://fromthepoolside.com
Emma
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Emma » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:50 am

Have had a nightmare renewing my permit too and am now appealing two parking tickets from outside my house! I’ve lived here 22 years and never once had a problem previously

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.