SwimWay swimming school - WOULD NOT RECOMMEND

19 posts
Jenny0620
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: SwimWay swimming school - WOULD NOT RECOMMEND

Postby Jenny0620 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:11 pm

I have also had a bad experience with Swimway. I find their illness policy ridiculous. Yes I’m sure it is clearly stated. But for those who don’t always read the fine print and assume local companies who cater to children behave in a reasonable way, please be advised that if your child is ill for any reason you will lose your lesson, priced at nearly £50 / half hour. Unless your child is so sick that they miss 6 consecutive weeks of lessons, in which case you will kindly be reimbursed for the rest of the term. Again, this is stated in their T&C’s. Just flagging to people, like myself, who may not have focused on the fine print until it is too late. Buyer beware! And seriously at that price point, Swimway, you should be ashamed.
wonkymonkey
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby wonkymonkey » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:56 pm

I understand fully how frustrating it is to miss paid for lessons of any kind because your child is ill but I don’t see how Swimway or any other company should be expected to make up the loss and lose out. Swimway are not able to have someone else attend an individual lesson to make up the cost and it’s not their fault when a child is ill. It wouldn’t even have crossed my mind to ask for a refund and I haven’t read the T&Cs.
SwimWay
Share this post on:

Postby SwimWay » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:02 am

Dear Jenny,

I am very sorry you have found our policies to be frustrating.  I understand we were very strict and firmly denied your request to attend the lesson yesterday even though your child has chicken pox.  I do apologise if this came across in a stern manner, this was not our intention.  We take the health and safety of our students, teachers and homeowners extremely seriously, and although there were no other students swimming at the same time as you, lessons overlap and children inevitably come into contact with each other regardless.

Following your request for a make-up lesson or refund, we did indeed advise that unfortunately, we are unable to offer any make-ups/refunds/credits for any missed lessons.  This is because even if a child is absent, we still have to pay for the instructor's time and pool hire.

Thank you for your feedback about perhaps making this policy clearer.  We do highlight this, as well as a couple of other policies very clearly, in writing upon booking.  That way you don't have to read through the full Ts&Cs or small print to be made aware.  Nevertheless, we will certainly look into how we can make the policy clearer without overloading our clients with more emails.

I do hope your daughter isn't in too much discomfort, and wish her a swift recovery.

Will McCabe
SwimWay Operations Manager
SwimWay
Share this post on:

Postby SwimWay » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:06 am

Dear WonkyM,

Just a quick message to thank you again for your continued, unwavering support.  We are ever-grateful for your long-standing custom, and are so happy that you are continuing to enjoy your lessons with us!

Have a lovely weekend!

Will McCabe
SwimWay Operations Manager