Pasta Evangelists: fresh pasta to the door - the verdict

3 posts
charlotte_admin
Options:
Share this post on:

Pasta Evangelists: fresh pasta to the door - the verdict

Postby charlotte_admin » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:35 pm

Friday night, another crazy week, what to cook? Fresh pasta that came through the letterbox the evening before, that’s what.  

A satisfyingly neat and elegant cardboard box (if cardboard boxes can be elegant) was awaiting me in the fridge, complete with simple instructions on how to cook and compile from the little pots and bags that lay within.  

A brief introduction on each of the cooking methods gives some fascinating background to each style of pasta. Who knew that Paccheri, a large tubular-shaped pasta from Sicily, was invented in the Middle Ages to smuggle southern Italian garlic into Prussia, whose version of the much-loved allium was seriously inferior? 

With the prerequisite Friday glass of wine poured, all I had to do was bring some water up to the boil for the pasta and gently heat up two other things. In the case of the garlic-smuggling tubes, it was the most delicious sauce ‘Alla Norma’, made with slow roasted aubergine and tomato which packed a seriously flavoursome punch, especially once scattered with a hard ricotta cheese which gave it a pleasingly salty bite. Our second course was on the go, this time some lovely ‘girasoli’, a sunflower-shaped version of ravioli filled with a smoky and quite spicy chorizo. Meanwhile, I melted some sage butter and then stirred the freshly cooked pasta into it, before dishing up and scattering with broken up grissini. Pronto!  

So if you’re looking for an easy, restaurant-style way to wonderfully fresh pasta, which has clearly been prepared by people who know their Pecorino from their Parmigiano, give the Pasta Evangelists a go. Buon appetito!

https://pastaevangelists.com
@pasta_evangelists
1M Image.png
charlotte_admin
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Pasta Evangelists: fresh pasta to the door - the verdict

Postby charlotte_admin » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:59 pm

Pasta Evangelists would love to spread the pasta joy by offering all NappyValleyNetters a lovely £10 off their first order.

Simply use this code at the checkout:

NAPPYVALLEY10 

Enjoy!  😋
sloaney donkey
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Pasta Evangelists: fresh pasta to the door - the verdict

Postby sloaney donkey » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:25 pm

OK, so I saw the adverts and decided to give it a spin.

First issue, the multitude of discounts. NAPPYVALLEY10, ANCORA10, CIAO15, WELCOME10, I dare say any combination would work in there (my suggestions are not repeatable). So how's a gal to know she is getting the cheapest price? And that the nosy curtain twitching neighbours are not like "ooooh, what's Sloaney Pony up to now with those strange Italian men visiting" but more like "silly filly. I bet she didn't get the same discount we did".

After ordering, I get a text message telling me my tucker has arrived. So I run back from shopping for a stick-on moustache on Northcote road (must show ones support for Movember) to find the box has been put through my door. But something was amis. Normally, there would be my dog Jeremy barking as I walked up to the main gate of my Wandsworth common-facing home, this time there is no sound from my pooch. I was a bit worried. As I opened the door, all became clear. The dog had eaten the cardboard box. And taken the pasta to have with his pedigree chum. So I had to replace it with all I could find. In that case 60p ASDA Fayre (don't ask where the nearest ASDA is).

I went for the Pesto dish (had a fancy name, but however you dress it up, its pesto). Came with a nice slip educating me on which species of endangered basil tree it came from and making me feel all good as I was cooking it that this could be the last pesto pasta sauce ever. It was so good a feeling that I forgot I was cooking and burned some of it on the bottom of my pan.

I then found what was most annoying. The flaps on the little plastic cups have a habit of breaking off. Really annoying. Especially when it goes into your food. And you have to try to fish it out. The cold from the box causes the plastic to dry and makes it easier to break. So I spent the evening worrying my pasta would be more polluted with plastics than the worlds oceans. Doh!

But the proof is in the pudding, so they say. And this pudding was not just any old pudding but perhaps the best pasta sauce in London outside of the River Cafe. Nice and sharp on the tongue, not runny and has enough tenderness to make me think twice about whether I was actually eating fine chateau Briande steak (and that was the replacement pasta, not the one piece saved from the Dog).

Truly delicious. Just be careful to pick NAPPYVALLEY10 unless you spend more than £34, in which case go for CIAO15, don’t leave your dog in on your delivery day and be careful with the plastic pots. And keep an eye on you cooking at all times, kids!

Mmmmmmm

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.