Nobody's perfect but that doesn't stop us striving for an A* in motherhood...

1 post
Susan Tominson
Options:
Share this post on:

Nobody's perfect but that doesn't stop us striving for an A* in motherhood...

Postby Susan Tominson » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:38 pm

The pressures of being a mum are phenomenal. 

There's the version of motherhood the media would have us believe - and then there's the reality.

Somehow we have this idea that mothers are (and should be) completely selfless - giving to everyone else before themselves. But striving to do can leave you feeling exhausted and guilty that you're somehow never doing enough. We find it difficult to describe exactly what mothers do right but we have a multitude of language to describe all they do wrong: they're "neurotic", "pushy". "hysterical" or "martyred." And very often, others themselves can't acknowledge all that they do, with almost 90 percent of mothers feeling guilty at some point, and 21 percent feeling this way most or all of the time. 

I'm a mum and a counsellor and I'm running a workshop for mums called Motherspace. It's not a parenting workshop but a chance for mums to reconnect with themselves, breathe a sigh of relief and realise you're not alone.

The workshop is running on Saturday, the 24th November in Paddington. To find out more, check out my website at www.createthespace.buzz, drop me a line on susan@createthespace.buzz, or ring me on 07986 647 317.

Love to hear from you!

Screen Shot 2018-10-16 at 12.36.34.png

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.