Real Christmas trees at Lidl

4 posts
mum_1980
Options:
Share this post on:

Real Christmas trees at Lidl

Postby mum_1980 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:41 am

I just spotted this story - https://www.wandsworthguardian.co.uk/ne ... ef=mr&lp=7

Lidle are selling real Christmas trees from tomorrow (29 Nov) and they are all LEAF certified which means they have been grown sustainably.

Apparently customers can even track their tree online to find out exactly where it was grown.

I just wanted to put this out there for anyone who would love a real tree but has resorted to plastic. With prices starting from £16.99, I think Lidl is on to a winner.

P.S. I'm all for supporting independent traders and I often fork out a bit more to support local but I do find the price of Christmas trees to be a little too high sometimes (and yes I understand that there are lots of costs involved and it's only once a year, but it is already an expensive time of year as it is!)
Sea Hibiscus
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Real Christmas trees at Lidl

Postby Sea Hibiscus » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:12 pm

Thank you for this. I will pass this onto a few friends who would be interested.
vsim1980
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby vsim1980 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:27 am

Hi, I got my tree from Lidl last year around the 2nd of December and it lasted way beyond Christmas Day still looking fresh. I had it in water in one of those big base things where you top it up with water. Off to get this years tree from there tomorrow.
janee
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby janee » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:11 am

I'm not sure what "sustainable" means when referring to Christmas trees but, when I was in Homebase last week, I was very concerned about how cheap their trees are.  Just think of all the good agricultural  land which is used to grow the trees which are used for a couple of weeks and then go to the municipal tip and, one hopes, turned into compost, but possibly not.  Surely the land could be better used?

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.